Sunday, February 21, 2010

HELLO WORLD!

:) This isn't really an entry.. but since Sarah (motosays) keeps telling me to update.. HERE IT IS! LOLS! hmm.. these past few weeks have been a whirlwind. On the plus side.. as the queen of dupes (according to sarah lols) I have more dupes, which I WILL post up swatches and details about later on when I have more time. I'm thinking of getting a new camera since mine is.. well I wouldn't say it's broken because it still takes pictures.. but something is just very off about it. Like.. pictures have more of a "blue" or like... "cool" wash over them? I've tried playing around with the settings but nothing works! My lil sis has the same camera and when both are placed on default settings.. and we take pictures of the exact same thing in the exact same setting and in the exact same time.. hers is more noticeably colorful! I've never dropped it.. but maybe moisture might have gotten into from somewhere.. :( sigh. It took me so long to stick on my gel cherry blossom petals individually by hand.. *cries* my pretty camera is going to waste!!

Ok so anyway. This is just a list of what's to come (will provide swatches/product details later) and names of the dupes!!

*drum roll please.....*

MAC SHADESTICK in LEMON CHIFFON!!
I love this shadestick to DEATH, especially on the inner corner of my lower lash line. Now.. this was from their temporary collection and is no longer available, BUT! A few days ago I stumbled onto an EXACT DUPLICATE, albeit only 1/2 it's size BUT if you never got a chance to purchase it, it's a nice alternative AND it stays on longer! MAC'S regular shadestick wears off a little easier than I would like!
MAYBELLINE EYE EXPRESS CREAM SHADOW STICK in OH MY MERINGUE ($7)

NARS BRONZER in LAGUNA!!
The ever so popular bronzer that everyone loves. Personally, I have a small beef with it because I am so fair skined.. the tiniest undertones of any face product REALLY shows up. While Laguna is one of the less orange bronzers out there, it is STILL a tad too orange for me. That's why when I came across this dupe, I was THRILLED because even tho it's almost SPOT ON, it's noticeably less orange! In fact, I'd say this is BETTER than Laguna, and even more pigmented, I actually have to use this with a really light hand to keep from looking like a baked potato
L'OREAL H.I.P. BRONZER in BLESSED ($8.99)

NARS LIPGLOSS in TURKISH DELIGHT!!
Ok so I was looking for Neutrogena Lipgloss in Groove since I heard that was a perfect dupe but it seems that CVS and Walgreens have stopped carrying those old types of lipglosses anymore and are replacing them with this new kind, which in my opinion has no colors close to Turkish Delight! So I was just browsing along and found this. It's a little more sheer than Nars LGs, but the color is pretty close. I'm still on the hunt for a better dupe but this is pretty close! AH. I also found a lipstick that looks just like how Turkish Delight looks on my lips! But I'll save that for another day. I still have ULTA LG in Baby, VS LG in.. i forgot the color.. and the Neutrogena gloss in groove to find and try as I've heard those are pretty close dupes as well, BUT FOR NOW, this one will be my answer.
L'OREAL BARE NATURALE GENTLE LIP CONDITIONER in 105 SOFT PETAL ($9)


hmm.. I can't remember what else I wanted to put.. I've discovered a few new HG items for my own daily use as well.. but that'll be for another post naturally. Basically a new pen eye liner, new neutral palette, new concealer (OMG.. HEAVEN. PURE HEAVEN. SO SMOOTH, NOT DRYING, BLENDS PERFECTLY, SUCH COMPACT PACKAGING TOO)

BY THE WAY.. I was really excited when I bought the new Maybelline eye studio palettes.. but they kind of disappoint me. I'll say why next time~!

*blows kiss*

toots!

Katie

2 comments:

izumi said...

tehehehe.

now, update your wishlist on the side bar!!

izumi said...

LMAO! oh ok you already did. oh dang, did i not send you your package??