OK! Let's DOOOO this! HAPPY 4TH OF JULYYYYY EVERYONE!!
I just spent an hour and a half going through my previously messed up post for my Japan trip. The pictures had been uploaded all screwy and out of place.. and going through over 350 pics and fixing them.. you best believe that took a lot of time. Now, the sad part is, that I forgot the names of some of the buildings and shopping centers I went to so that post is once again, on hold, until I go back to my parents' home and get out my receipts/tickets to see where I went!
:) You're all going to have to wait to see my hair cut, ho ho ho. It's not that much diff, but it sorta is. ISH.
So, the week that I came back, I stayed the night on Sunday at the boo-friend's house. I told him to wash his sheets and my pillow case before I came over because besides the fact that I can't stand dirty things and places... I'm VERY allergic to dust, dog hair, etc etc. There isn't a thing out there that I'm not allergic to. Oh wait, I'm not allergic to water. HAHHAHAH.
Any-hooters, I got to his house, and I notice he hasn't washed them, come on son!! You can't fool me! I was like.. ok whatever, just make sure you wash it next time. So I wake up with a slight headache and my nose was SOOOO heavily congested, thank you dust and whatever else was in those bed sheets and air. Then I got ready and we left the next morning.. but my thigh was itching in the car. I felt a little bump so I thought it was just like.. a mosquito bite or something because they're very prominent in the bf's area, so in my mind I'm silently cursing at those bloody blood suckers! Throughout the day it got worse and worse until I couldn't stand NOT scratching it anymore but when it itched, I scratched and it HURT to scratch... so I look at it again and what do I see?
HUH.. Kinda big for a reg bug bite no? I was like.. ok.. strange.. it's been a while since I was bitten by a mosquito so maybe my body just wasn't used to the venom? Ya.. sure. That's what I thought, so I went to sleep.
It's HUGE!!!! It was bigger than the half dollar I put next to it!!! I'm pretty convinced it was a spider bite, probably from a spider that was hidden in my bf's NASTY dusty bed sheets! UGHHH!! Obviously bf felt bad and did finally wash his bed sheets and pillow cases. HMPH. I have to get bitten for him to do what I say?? PUWWWAAAAT???
In other news, I went to Target to find an organizer big enough to fit my excess makeup that WON'T fit in my two large 3-tiered train cases.. hahahaha.. ya.. collection gone wild. But YAY!! I found the PERFECT organizer!! I still need to find a small table to put my perfumes, moisturizer, toner, daily stuff, and vanity mirror on top of to put in the middle of my traincases and the organizer. And a little seat too!! I think I'm allergic to the carpet, whenever I sit down on it, I start itching. I've stocked up on cortizone cream since that spider bite.
TADAAAAHHH!!
Behind my Ban deodorant and under that bag on top of the organizer lies 3 of my 88 color palettes from CS and my 28 neutral palette. Also up there is my Mac Fix Plus spray, my Laniege makeup mist, nail polish remover, various nail polishes, Chanel moisturizer (skin needed heavy duty moisture these past few days.. weird drying rash again), pore strips, makeup sponges, skin care samples, Q-tips box
The lippies and glosses, lipliners and pencils lined up near my finger. Small indent in drawer made the perfect place to put them. Drawer can hold a little more on both sides but soon to be full. lol.


lashes blocked off by wall of mascaras, falsie glue, eyelash curler, eyeliners, brow pencils. plenty of room for mo'!


shadow primers, single shadows that don't fit in train case, pigments, jumbo pencil shadows, shadesticks, all walled off into the back by my brushes in front! Some room for more!


The "FACE" drawer, biggest of them all. Foundies, bronzers, powders, concealers, face primers, BB creams, blushes, highlighters, mineral stamples, compacts. Def room for more but it's a huge drawer!


My poor lotions, perfumes, toner, makeup remover, and contact solution is confined to a plastic makeup carrier


1.5 inch Hot Tools curling iron
Clean and Clear Deep Action Foam Cleanser
Neutrogena oil free makeup remover
Alba hibiscus facial toner
Alba sea lipids daily cream
Revlon Colorstay foundie for combo skin in Sand Beige and Fresh Beige
China Glaze polish in Golden Enchantment, For Audrey, Custom Kicks
Sally Hansen strengthening top coat
Prestige mineral shadows in Copper and Amber
Benefit High Brow pencil
Ulta automatic pencils, 2 in Smokey, 1 in Black Plum
Prestige waterproof pencil in Granite
L'Oreal Dual extension beauty tubes mascara in black
two Max Factor Volume Couture waterproof mascaras
Maybelline Volume Seduction XL gloss in seductively nude
Palladio herbal lip slix in creme cocoa
Milani crystal gloss in Secret
I bought two revlon foundies because it was BOGO 50% off!! YAY!! I was running out of Sand Beige and I've also gotten a SMIDGE darker.. that's where Fresh Beige comes in. I already have Medium Beige and Golden Beige but those are for my dark, NC30 summer days, which I am not yet. Fresh Beige is still SLIGHTLY too dark but it's the closest to my skin tone now.
I also bought two max factor mascaras because I've heard good things about them AND they were BOGO 50% off as well!!!! Must've been fate, there was only 2 of that one left in Black. Woohoo!
Obviously reviews to come soon after I've used these things for a while!!!! Ladies, please remember, what works for me might not work for you, some of the makeup I use might not be for you either. I'm pretty damn light skinned and my face is pretty sensitive to certain things, but not others. That being said, don't just go around copying what other bloggers use, use that as a reference point to learn what they look for, how they choose things, what TYPES or brands are good, you know? You need to GO OUT THERE and EXPERIMENT with products, make thoroughly researched purchases or even BLIND purchases. That's how you find and get to know what it is that YOU are looking for, to learn what suits YOU, what looks good on YOU. If you have a darker or tanned complexion, obviously you shouldn't copy looks by lighter or pale bloggers, as what's a neutral/light brown look on THEM, will most likely not show up on you and blend in with your skin tone. The foundations paler bloggers use obviously have diff undertones than what might suit you and even if you choose a darker shade, it might have an ashy cast, and their skin care regiment might seem great but be CAREFUL as they might use skin whitening/lightening items that will be BIG NO NO for tan skin! The reverse can also be said, brighter colors show up better on tan skin but if a pale blogger copies THAT, it might be more washed out on them! Foundations better suited for tan skin might come up as too orangey or pink if a pale blogger uses the same line but selects a lighter shade. Basically what I'm saying is learn, give due credit, but don't try to be something you aren't meant to be.
Not targeted on anyone in particular, just something I think should be said and put out there.
I also really don't like twittering or blogging about how I just got something and BAM, before I even use it or find out if it's even a good thing or not, a few people demand to know the brand, like.. they don't say anything else, just "what brand?". I just got some clothes! "From what store?" I just got new shoes! "what brand?" I just got new moisturizer! "What brand" You know what I do? I DELETE any comments with ONLY those two words in it, would it kill you to say HI or start a lil convo? Yeesh. It's a little annoying, I'm a VERY private person, bf knows that, I don't love sharing everything with everyone you know? If I want to share what it is, I will in time, I just despise it when people rush me.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!
Toots!
Katie
ps- I hear fireworks!











3 comments:
that bite looks nasty!! :( i hope it went away!
awwh :< did i annoy you with my "what concealer" question?
you have sooooooo much makeup! O__O; two traincases AND that?
i love that nail polish color!! :D
Oh nice haul! I LOVE max factor voume coutour! My fave drusgtore mascara!!
Hm..skin brightening is bad for tan complexion? Really? The DHC one I'm using works wonders for my skin and it has actually made it more even toned..lucky me, I guess. Lol
Wow that's a nasty bug bite! I need to stop buying makeup! Girl, that's a ton of cases! You're more of a makeup fanatic than me!
*high five*
Xoxo
ouch!!! that bite looks crazy big! lol. and ur right, it does look like a playboy bunny haha! btw, you have a crazy makeup collection! its so huge! jealousss & love that nailpolish! super bright and vibrant!
Post a Comment